Known for its white and sandy beaches with crystal clear waters, there’s a lot to explore in Gulf Shores Alabama. For our travel savvy enthusiasts, it’s important to be aware of the options available to them, in order to fly into Alabama. The Closest Airport to Gulf Shores Alabama is not only convenient because it offers easy access to this destination, but also to the surrounding explorations.
What Airport is Closest to Gulf Shores Alabama
The travellers have got quite a multiple options when it comes to having access to the closest Airports to Gulf Shores Alabama. From the Gulf Shores International Airport to the Louis Armstrong International Airport, let’s discuss in detail about the alternatives in between.
|Closest Airports to Gulf Shores Alabama||Estimated Distance|
|Gulf Shores International Airport- Jack Edward’s Field (JKA)||2.5 Miles|
|Pensacola International Airport (PNS)||37.6 Miles|
|Mobile Regional Airport (MOB)||44 Miles|
|Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS)||104 Miles|
|Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport (GPT)||125.4 Miles|
|Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY)||156 Miles|
Gulf Shores International Airport- Jack Edward’s Field (JKA)
The Nearest Airport to Gulf Shores Alabama is none other than the very infamous Gulf Shores International Airport, located approximately 2.5 miles away from the destination. The airport proudly serves the Gulf Coast along with South Alabama. It primarily serves corporate jets and private charters for all the travellers alike; regardless of why you are travelling, for business or pleasure.
Pensacola International Airport (PNS) – 37.6 Miles
Formerly popular as the Pensacola Gulf Coast Regional Airport, this is the second alternative Closest Airport to Gulf Shores Alabama Southwest, located approximately 37.6 miles from the central Gulf Shores. Despite being named as the international airport, Pensacola does not serve international flights to passengers but only domestic flights. The airport has one passenger terminal consisting of twelve gates in total.
|Airlines||Terminal used at PNS|
|Delta Airlines PNS Terminal||Terminal M|
|Frontier Airlines PNS Terminal||Terminal M|
|Silver Airways PNS Terminal||Terminal M|
|Southwest Airlines PNS Terminal||Terminal M|
|Spirit Airlines PNS Terminal||Terminal M|
|United Airlines PNS Terminal||Terminal M|
Mobile Regional Airport (MOB) – 44 Miles
The next Closest Airport to Gulf Shores Alabama Southwest is Mobile Regional Airport, which is a 44 miles distance from Gulf Shores. The terminal is served with multiple facilities to enhance the passenger’s at airport experience. There are car rental agencies, providing the travellers an easy way out of the airport to get access to their preferred locations in the city. It serves some of the major airlines, providing nonstop and connecting flights to the visitors.
|Airlines||Terminal used at MOB|
|Delta Airlines MOB Terminal||Terminal M|
|United Express MOB Terminal||Terminal M|
Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS) – 104 Miles
Located adjacent to Valparaiso and the city of Destin, Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport is another connecting point for reaching the Gulf Shores, Alabama. The airport is a convenient option for passengers flying into or out of, as it offers them with a wide variety of facilities, such as parking options, inter-terminal and outside the airport ground transportation options, access to various airlines, and so much more.
|Airlines||Terminal used at VPS|
|Allegiant Air VPS Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Delta Airlines VPS Terminal||Terminal M|
|Southwest Airlines VPS Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Sun Country Airlines VPS Terminal||Terminal|
Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport (GPT) – 125.4 Miles
Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport is the second last Closest International Airport to Gulf shores Alabama. It serves travellers with numerous domestic destinations only, despite being named as the international airport. As it is only a hundred and twenty five miles away from Gulf Shores, it can still be a convenient option for travellers who love to measure the distances by roads, enjoying the scenic landscapes and nearby attractions. It serves some of the major airlines, such as:
|Airlines||Terminals used at GPT|
|Allegiant Air Terminal GPT Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Delta Airlines GPT Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Sun Country Airlines GPT Terminal||Terminal 1|
|United Express GPT Terminal||Terminal 1|
Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY) – 156 Miles
Last but not least, the nearest Airport to Gulf Shores Alabama, is Louis Armstrong International Airport. Being one of the largest airports, it serves its visitors with a lot more facilities than any other airport in the vicinity. It has a single passenger terminal, with three concourses A, B, and C. It has an airport shuttle, which provides access to the hotels and hostels nearby. It serves the following airlines:
|Airlines||Terminal used at MSY|
|Air Canada MSY Terminal||Main Terminal|
|Alaska Airlines MSY Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Allegiant Air MSY Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Breeze Airways MSY Terminal||Terminal 1|
|British Airways MSY Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Delta Air Lines MSY Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Frontier Airlines MSY Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Jetblue MSY Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Silver Airways MSY Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Southwest Airlines MSY Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Spirit Airlines MSY Terminal||Terminal M|
|Sun Country Airlines MSY Terminal||Terminal 1|
|United Airlines MSY Terminal||Terminal 1|
Adventurous Activities to do near the Gulf Shores, Alabama
There are a lot of places to visit and make new memories at, when it comes to finding the best activities in the Gulf Shores. So, while you are in the city, let’s see how you can make the best out of your trip to this exploration. Remember to stay safe and have a great time exploring Gulf Shores. Here are some fun things you can do near Gulf Shores, Alabama:
1. Gulf Shores has beaches where you can swim, build sandcastles, or relax in the sun.
2. Try kayaking in the still waters of Back Bay or explore the infamous Secour River.
3. Go fishing off the pier or join a charter boat for deep-sea fishing adventures in the waters.
4. Experience the thrill of zip lining at the Gulf Adventure Center, for receiving instant fun.
5. Explore the nearby trails at Gulf State Park and discover the local wildlife of the location.
6. Rent a bike and ride along the scenic path, noticing Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail.
7. Take a boat tour to see dolphins and other marine life in the vast oceans of the Gulf Shores.
8. Play a round of golf at one of the many golf courses in the area to indulge yourself in sport.
9. Rent a jet ski for some high-speed fun on the water, make sure to connect with the experts.
10. Soar above the Gulf of Mexico and locate its astonishing beauty while parasailing.
Ground Transport Available from the Closest Airports to Gulf Shores
In Gulf Shores, you’ll find several ground transportation options to help you explore the city and the surrounding areas. Here are some common choices which you can go with:
- Renting a car is a convenient way to get around Gulf Shores and gives you the freedom to explore at your own pace. Several car rental companies operate in the area.
- There are taxi companies that provide last minute transportation within Gulf Shores and can take you to nearby attractions, restaurants, and hotels.
- You can use popular rideshare apps like Uber and Lyft to request rides in and around Gulf Shores and explore the city with ease.
- Some hotels and resorts offer shuttle services to popular attractions, beaches, and shopping areas. You can check with the authorities for availability.
- Many areas in Gulf Shores are bike-friendly, and you can rent bicycles to explore the city and enjoy the scenic trails of the same.
- The Gulf Shores area offers public transportation options, such as the Baldwin Rural Area Transportation System that also connects to other towns in Baldwin County.
- Gulf Shores has pedestrian-friendly areas, especially around the beach and popular streets, so you can explore on foot if you want to.
So, overall, choose the transportation option that suits your preferences and budget to make the most of your visit to Gulf Shores.
Affordable Accommodation Options In Gulf Shores, Alabama
When you have arrived in the Gulf Shores and look forward to relaxing before exploring the city and its attractions, it becomes important for you to have some accommodation options. There are several hotels and inns near the said location, which provide you a comfortable, affordable, and luxurious place to stay for the day or midnight. The options includes:
- Quality Inn
- Red Roof Inn Gulf Shores
- Motel 6 Gulf Shores, AL
- Beachside Resort Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores
Customer Care Q&A
Pensacola International Airport (PNS) is the closest airport to Gulf Shores Alabama?
Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY) is the closest international airport to Gulf Shores Alabama.
The best airport to fly into when visiting the Gulf Shores is Gulf Shores International Airport- Jack Edward’s Field.
The most efficient way to get around Gulf Shores is by car. However, you can use public transportations as well.
Gulf Shores, Alabama is famous for its vibrant and artistic locations, which create a lively environment for people of all ages.
You can choose any of the closest airports to reach the Gulf Shores, Alabama and its surrounding region.
Early June is the best or the cheapest time to go to the Gulf Shores.