Anna Maria Island is one of the many popular destinations amongst the travellers for the next vacation getaway. So, if you are also planning your next trip to the excellent city, then you are in luck because Anna Maria Island is situated near some of the top-notch airports in Florida. Closest Airport to Anna Maria Island So, to escape the chaos of the city and to take in the breathtaking views of the island, a trip to Anna Maria is worth waiting for.
The travel-savvy people choose to visit Anna Maria for many reasons, the major being, it’s small, charming, and a secluded atmosphere. There are multiple attractions and activities to which the travellers can partake in. Additionally, the island has some drop-dead adventurous places which will thrill and amaze you, all at once.
So, if you are planning to visit Anna Maria Island, you can expect to be at some of the airport Closest to Anna Maria Island such as the Tampa International Airport (TPA), Orlando International Airport (MCO), Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport, Fort Myers Airport (RSW), and the St. Petersburg Clearwater International Airport (PIE).
Closest airports to Anna Maria Island in Florida
Well-well, as mentioned earlier, Anna Maria Island is fortunately close to many of the major airports in Florida, and many of them give you access to transportation services, in order to reach where you want to be. So, let’s give you a quick guide to the closest airports to Anna Maria Island and alternative closest airports as well.
|Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ)||Around 17 Miles|
|Tampa International Airport (TPA)||Around 34 Miles|
|St. Pete–Clearwater International Airport (PIE)||Around 45 Miles|
|Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)||Around 110 Miles|
|Orlando International Airport (MCO)||Around 124 Miles|
1. Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ)
Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport is situated in Sarasota County, Florida, United States, which primarily serves the Bradenton areas along with the Gulf Coast beaches of Florida. The airport has one terminal building with two concourses and it offers non-stop flights to several domestic and international locations such as Atlanta, Chicago, New York, Toronto, Boston, and London.
Furthermore, the airport is well-equipped with modern facilities such as restaurants, bars, cafes, cash machines, currency exchange, restrooms, free wifi, and charging stations. Additionally, the airport is home to some of the leading airlines which are as follows:
|Air Canada||Allegiant Airlines|
|Southwest Airlines||Breeze Airways|
|Sun Country Airlines||Frontier Airlines|
|United Airlines||Jetblue Airways|
2. Tampa International Airport (TPA)
Tampa International Airport is another option you have to visit Anna Maria Island, as this public airport is located in Hillsborough County, Florida, United States. The airport majorly serves the Tampa Bay area and the other cities such as St. Petersburg. The airport comprises one terminal and four airside terminals which offers non-stop flights to several destinations such within the United States and outside of it.
In addition to that, the airport also offers several ground transportation services such as cars, taxis, shuttle service, public transportation services, etc, which helps the passengers connect to the various locations in the city. The following airlines operates from Tampa Airport:
|Breeze Airways||Virgin Atlantic|
|British Airways||Cayman Airways|
|Avelo Airlines||Copa Airlines|
|Delta Air Lines||Eurowings Discover|
|Jetblue Airways||Invicta Air|
3. St. Pete–Clearwater International Airport (PIE)
St. Pete–Clearwater International Airport is located in Pinellas County, Florida, United States. The airport is hub for the clearwater areas, for the gulf coast beaches, and the St. Petersburg city. The airport provides access to numerous destinations via its flights such as Chicago, Boston, Cleveland, New York, Toronto, and London. It is known for its convenient location and for its easy to navigate terminals.
The popular airport provides several transportation options to the passengers such as shuttles, cars, taxis, rentals, and other transportation options. Passengers can also access short and long term parking at the airport. The airport houses some leading airlines in the industry such as:
|Allegiant Airlines||Swoop Airlines||Sun Country Airlines|
4. Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)
Southwest Florida International Airport is situated in Lee County, Florida, United States. It serves the Gulf coast beaches, Cape Coral, and the Naples areas of Florida. The airport has one main terminal building along with three concourses which makes it easy for the passengers to access their international and domestic flights from the destination. The airport is well-furnished and equipped with modern facilities.
The vacationers who are planning to visit Anna Maria Island can also use this airport as an alternative option, if they can’t get flights to the airport closest to Anna Maria Island, as it is popular for its efficient operations. The following airlines serves at the Fort Myers Airport:
|Spirit Airlines||Westjet Airlines|
|Southwest Airlines||Air Canada|
|Sun Country Airlines||Alaska Airlines|
|United Airlines||Frontier Airlines|
|Breeze Airways||Jetblue Airways|
5. Orlando International Airport (MCO)
Last but not least, Orlando International Airport is a major public airport located in Orange County, Florida, United States. It serves the Orlando Metropolitan Area and is one of the busiest airports in Florida. The airport has one terminal building with four airsides, which helps the airlines operate its arriving and departing flights from the destination. The airport is well known amongst the passengers for its efficient operations and facilities.
Additionally, the airport is a great alternative for people who can find cheaper airfares to visit Anna Maria Island with the airlines serving this airport. It is a hub for several major airlines and serves millions of passengers each year. The airlines which operates from MCO are as follows:
|Silver Airways||Spirit Airlines|
|Avelo Airlines||Frontier Airlines|
|Jetblue Airways||United Airlines|
|Southwest Airlines||Delta Airlines|
Which airport is closest to Anna Maria Island, Tampa or Sarasota?
Anna Maria Island is located between Tampa Bay and Sarasota Bay, so it’s relatively close to both Tampa and Sarasota. The distance between Anna Maria Island and Tampa is about 34 miles, which would take around an hour drive. And, the distance between Sarasota and Anna Maria island is about 17 miles, which would take around a 30 minute drive. As a result, the closest airports to Anna Maria Island is Sarasota Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ).
Top 10 closest things to do in Anna Maria Island
Anna Maria Island is a beautiful barrier island located on the Gulf Coast of Florida, which is famous for many activities. Here are ten of the closest things to do on the island.
- Spend a day at the beach: Anna Maria Island has several beaches, including Bradenton Beach, Coquina Beach, and Manatee Public beach. These beaches provide a peaceful and an enjoyable atmosphere to the residents and the visitors alike.
- Take a sunset cruise: Several companies offer sunset cruises around the island, providing breathtaking views of the Gulf of Mexico. So, if you are an adventurous traveller who loves to explore the surroundings, this is your happy place.
- Go fishing: Fishing is one of the most common yet an excellent thing to do specially when you are visiting oceans, islands, etc. Anna Maria is also known for its excellent fishing opportunities, with several companies offering fishing trips.
- Visit the historic Bridge Street Pier: The pier is located in Bradenton Beach and it offers stunning views of the bay. It is a great place to be, specifically if you are looking for dining in or fishing during your trip.
- Explore the island on a bike: The island has several bike rental companies which will lend you bikes for the day to explore the island’s scenic beauty. It’s a great thing to do, especially when you are visiting with your better half.
- Go kayaking or paddleboarding: Several rental companies offer kayaking and paddleboarding tours, providing the visitors a unique way to explore the island’s waterways. So, if you love doing activities, you will definitely love this.
- Take a dolphin watching tour: We love dolphins, don’t we? Several companies offer dolphin watching tours around the island, allowing visitors to see these playful creatures up close and experience the warmth.
- Visit the Anna Maria Island Historical Society Museum: The historical society museum is located on Anna Maria Island, which provides the visitors a glimpse into the island’s rich history and culture.
- Go shopping or dining: Shopping and dining are the first love of us humans,and the island has several boutiques, gift shops, and restaurants, providing plenty of opportunities for shopping and dining during your trip.
- Enjoy the local wildlife: Anna Maria Island is home to some really unique species of birds and other wildlife, providing plenty of opportunities for nature watching and photography.
Overall, Anna Maria Island is home to many wonderful attractions and activities which will blow up the mind of our dear travellers. So, by accessing the nearby airports to the island, you can have easy access to all the activities which you added in your bucket list.
In conclusion, we hope that you are aware of the closest airports to Anna Maria Island. Amongst the five mentioned airports, Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) and Tampa International Airport are the two closest airports which gives you easy and quick access to the activities and attractions that are popular in Anna Maria Island.
Overall, if you cannot find direct flights from your destination to the closest airports, you can choose the alternative options to fly into the city and access the ground transportation system to reach Anna Maria Island at the earliest.
FAQs – Closest Airport to Anna Maria Island
Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) is the closest airport to Anna Maria island. And, the second closest airport is Tampa International Airport.
The visitors can get into Anna Maria Island by automobile, aeroplane, or by boating.
Tommy car is one of the accessible and affordable options out of the Sarasota airport. The car works both in arrivals and departures. The car also allows access to the city of Anna Maria, Bradenton, surrounding areas of Sarasota, Tampa, and St. Petersburg.
The distance between Tampa International Airport to Anna Maria Island is around 54 to 64 miles, for which the passengers need to take around a 40 to 45 minute drive.
St. Petersburg Airport is around 45 miles away from Anna Maria island, and it usually takes 45 to 50 minutes to reach the island from the airport or vice versa.