Austrian Airlines operates out of Terminal B at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). Austrian Airlines Newark Terminal B is the only passenger terminal at the location, which is directly operated by the Port Authority. The passengers can easily access the terminals near short-term parking and as well as the other terminals at EWR.
Austrian Airlines flies to more than a hundred international destinations and around 6 domestic destinations, providing non-stop and connecting flights to several locations. So, if you are an Austrian Airline passenger flying to and from Newark International Airport, this is going to be your go-to-guide to navigate the airport.
A Guide to Austrian Airlines Newark Terminal B
Austrian Airlines is a flag carrier of Austria, which operates from Terminal B at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). The airline offers Economy, Premium Economy, and Business class seating options on their flights. Passengers flying with Austrian Airlines can enjoy various amenities on board, including complimentary meals and drinks.
|Airport’s Name||Newark Liberty International Airport|
|Airport’s Address||3 Brewster Rd, Newark, NJ 07114, USA|
|Austrian Airlines Contact Number||+43 1 70148 1000|
|Working Hours||24 Hours|
About Newark International Airport (EWR) Terminal B
Newark International Airport is the second busiest Airport after John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in the New York city of the United States. It serves as a major transportation hub for the New York area and provides convenient access to a variety of domestic and international destinations. The airport consists of three terminals named Terminal A, Terminal B, and Terminal C, out of which Austrian Airlines operates from Terminal B.
Austrian Airlines terminal Newark, Terminal B is one of the three passenger terminals at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), along with Terminal A and Terminal C. It primarily serves Austrian Airlines along with some other major airlines such as Jetblue Airways, United Airlines, and Alaska Airlines.
Levels at Terminal B
Terminal B consists of the following four levels:
- First Level: First level consists of three bus stops which allows the passengers to access ground transportation, instantly.
- Second Level: Second level is the arrivals area for the passengers, here you can find baggage claim counters along with some other basic services such as hotel boards, information counters, bus and taxi counters.
- Third Level: Third level houses the check-in areas for the passengers to check-in for their departing flights. Furthermore, connecting the passengers to the gates level
- Gates Level: This level is basically meant for boarding gates and several airport lounges. Terminal B consists of 24 gates which are divided into three concourses as follows:
- Concourse B1: From gates B40, B41A, B41B, from B43 to B45, B46A, B46B, B47
- Concourse B2: From gates B51-B57.
- Concourse B3: From gates B60-B63, B65-B68.
Facilities/Services at Terminal B
There are numerous services provided at Terminal B of Newark Liberty International Airport, some of which are as follows:
- Restrooms: Restrooms are available throughout Terminal B.
- Free Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi is available throughout Terminal B for free.
- Children’s play area: There is a children’s play area located in Terminal B for families travelling with young children.
- Pet relief area: Terminal B has a designated pet relief area where travellers with pets can take their animals for a break.
- Medical services: There is a medical clinic located in Terminal B for travellers in need of medical attention.
- Information desks: There are several information desks throughout Terminal B, where travellers can get assistance with airport and travel-related questions.
- Baggage storage: There is a baggage storage service located in Terminal B where travellers can securely store their luggage.
- Lounges: There are several lounges located in Terminal B, including United Club and American Airlines Admirals Club.
- Restaurants and cafes: There are several dining options at Terminal B, including Starbucks, Dunkin’, Saison, Tony Roma’s, Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen, and more.
- Retail stores: There are a variety of stores at Terminal B, offering everything from books and magazines to souvenirs, electronics, and duty-free items.
- Currency exchange services: Travelex offers currency exchange services at Terminal B, allowing travellers to exchange their currency.
- ATMs: There are several ATMs located throughout Terminal B for cash withdrawals.
- Charging stations: Terminal B has charging stations for electronic devices, located throughout the terminal.
- TSA PreCheck: There is a TSA PreCheck lane at Terminal B for expedited security screening.
Ground Transportation at Terminal B
The passengers can easily access Terminal B from other locations within the airport via the AirTrain, which is a free automated people mover. The AirTrain runs 24 hours a day and seven days a week, allowing passengers to instantly move to and from Terminal A to B to C and vice versa. The train hardly takes 5 to 8 minutes in order to drop you off in any of the terminals.
Lounges at Terminal B
Terminal B consists of various airline and airport lounges which gives passengers a chance to quickly freshen up on their layovers at the airport. The lounges at Terminal B, Newark Liberty International Airport are as follows:
- USO Center
- SAS Lounge
- Lufthansa Senator Lounge
- Delta Air Lines Delta Sky Club
- British Airways Galleries Club Lounge
- Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse operated by Plaza Premium Group
Parking Options at EWR
Newark Liberty International Airport offers numerous parking options at airport and off airport, which offers the passengers a facility to pre-book the parking lots and save both time and money. Here’s an insight of what options you may find at the destination:
- Short-term Parking Option: Short-term parking is the best option for passengers travelling domestically and are going to get back to EWR within the given time frame of this facility. Short-term parking is located near the EWR terminal and contains three lots including A, B, and C.
- Each additional 1/2 hour: USD $5.25
- Maximum per day (24 hours): USD $44.00
- Economy Parking Option: Economy Parking is located at least three miles away from the main terminal area at Newark Airport. However, this location is particularly served by the airport staff 24/7. The passengers can find here shuttle bus service which runs from P6 lot to other terminals and departs every 5-10 minutes.
- Valet Parking Option: Valet Parking is located near lot 4 and it is the most preferable option for passengers who look for a secure parking area. This parking lot covers the parking spaces with instant connection to the terminals via airtrain. This option will cost you at least USD $21.00 for 24 hours, after which an additional fee of $10.50 will apply for each 12 hours.
Car Rentals at Newark Airport
There are multiple car rental companies located at Newark International Airport, which provides car rental services to the passengers. Some of the rentals include:
All of these companies house counters at the arrivals area of each terminal at Newark Airport and some of these companies also offer shuttle services to the passengers. In case you are renting a car, make sure to bring your essential documents such as driving licence or additional documentation for a hassle-free process.
Hotels Near EWR
Some hotels located near Newark Liberty International Airport are as follows:
- Hilton Newark Airport
- Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, an IHG Hotel
- DoubleTree by Hilton Newark Airport
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Newark Airport
- Red Carpet Inn – Newark Irvington
Inside the Terminal Facilities by Austrian Airlines
Being a leading airline in the aviation industry, it’s the utmost priority of Austrian Airlines to provide passengers with the need at the airport, in order to facilitate their journey right from the beginning. The Austrian Airlines EWR terminal services can help the passengers make informed decisions about their air travel.
Austrian Airlines Ticket Booking
The first and foremost concern of the passengers is how should we book the tickets? And, if you are one of those passengers, fret not! Because Newark airport Austrian Airlines terminal offers several options for booking tickets at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). Here’s how you can do it too:
- Book Online: The Austrian Passengers can book a reservation online by visiting the official website of the Airlines, entering the travel details, selecting the preferred flights, and completing the process by paying the required amount of money.
- Mobile Application: The passengers can book a ticket via downloading the mobile application of Austrian Airlines and use it to book your reservation by following the said instructions, manage your reservations, and check-in for your flight.
- Airport Ticket Counter: Several Austrian Airlines ticket counters are located at Terminal B of EWR airport, which allows the passengers to speak to an airline representative and book a ticket in person by giving out the required information.
- Travel Agent: If you opt for none of the above options, you can still book your ticket with Austrian Airlines through a travel agent, who can help you find the best airfares based on your travel needs and preferences.
Austrian Airlines Ticket Cancellation
If you want to cancel your purchased reservation for an Austrian Airlines flight, there are several options laid down for you. Nevertheless, it’s important to note that Austrian’s cancellation policies may vary depending upon the fare type and other such factors. Your can proceed your cancellation by following the mentioned steps:
- Online Cancellation: You can cancel your ticket online through Austrian Airlines’ website. Simply log in to your account, go to the “Manage My Booking” section, select the booking you want to cancel, and follow the prompts to cancel your ticket.
- Call customer service: You can also call Austrian Airlines’ customer service centre to cancel your ticket. Be sure to have your booking confirmation number and personal information ready when you call. The customer service representative will assist you in cancelling your ticket and processing any refunds or credits.
- Visit the airport ticket counter: If you are already at Newark airport, you can visit the Austrian Airlines ticket counter in Terminal B and speak to a customer service representative to cancel your ticket. The representative will assist you in processing any refunds or credits.
Austrian Airlines Seat Upgradation
Seat upgradation is possible at the time you book your reservations with Austrian Airlines. However, if you wish to upgrade later, you can do it either at the airport check-in or in-flight upgrade. You can inquire about seat upgrades when you check-in for your flight at the Austrian Airlines check-in counter in Terminal B. It’s crucial to note that seat upgrades are subject to availability and may come with additional fees. Austrian Airlines may also have specific policies and procedures set, so be sure to check their website or contact their customer service for more information.
Austrian Airlines Baggage Allowance
The free baggage allowance for each passenger depends upon various factors such as the class type, destination, etc, which is why it’s best to check for information about your free checked baggage allowance on your ticket/receipt. Nevertheless, Austrian does permit a generous allowance to its passengers, for instance, a single bag should have a maximum size of 158 cm (H*L*W) and it should not weigh more than 23 kgs in Economy class and 32 kgs in Business class.
Austrian Airlines Check-in Services
Austrian Airlines offers several options for check-in at Newark Liberty International Airport. Here are the ways you can check in for your Austrian Airlines flight departing from EWR:
- Online check-in: You can check in online through the Austrian Airlines website up to 36 hours before your flight’s departure. Simply log in to your booking, select your seat, and print your boarding pass or receive it electronically.
- Mobile check-in: You can also check in using the Austrian Airlines mobile app up to 36 hours before your flight’s departure. After completing check-in, you can download your boarding pass to your mobile device.
- Airport check-in counter: If you prefer to check in at the airport, you can visit the Austrian Airlines check-in counter in Terminal B of Newark airport. The counter typically opens several hours before scheduled flight departures.
- Self-service kiosk: You can use the self-service check-in kiosks located in Terminal B of Newark airport to check in for your flight. Simply follow the prompts on the screen, select your seat, and print your boarding pass.
- Curbside check-in: You can also use the curbside check-in service at Newark airport, where a customer service representative will check you in and print your boarding pass from outside the terminal building.
Austrian Airlines have specific check-in deadlines for your flight, for which you can check their website or contact their customer service for more information.
List of all Austrian Airlines Terminal Globally
Austrian Airlines Pet Travel Services
The passengers are allowed to carry a healthy pet in an approved carrier, only if your pet (dog/cat) is at least 12 weeks old. Austrian Airlines doesn’t allow large size pets and the pets that are sensitive to stress and temperature on their cargo carriers due to certain restrictions. It’s always better to check the pet assistance services of Austrian Airlines to get an in-depth view of whether you should carry your pet along with you on an Austrian Airline flight or not.
Austrian Airlines Lost & Found Services
If you have lost an item on an Austrian Airlines flight departing from Newark Liberty International Airport, or within the airport terminal, there are several ways to contact their lost and found services:
- Contact the airport: You can contact Newark Liberty International Airport’s lost and found department to report your lost item. They will keep a record of your report and contact you if they find the item.
- Contact Austrian Airlines: You can also contact Austrian Airlines’ customer service centre to report your lost item. They will keep a record of your report and contact you if the item is found.
- Online lost and found form: You can fill out an online lost and found form on the Austrian Airlines website to report your lost item. Be sure to include as much detail as possible about the item, including a description, date and time it was lost, and your contact information.
Austrian Airlines Special Assistance Services
Austrian Airlines has developed multiple services for the passengers who need special assistance during their air travel. Fortunately, these services come in handy when a passenger with disabilities wish to travel on an urgent basis or otherwise. So, if you or your fellow passenger seek special assistance during their journey, they can request so at the time of booking. This allows the airline staff to provide individual services on time during the boarding process. The passengers who can ask for special assistance are as follows:
- Passengers with wheelchair
- Handicapped passengers
- Passengers with impaired sensory perception
If your kind of assistance is not mentioned, you can still ask the airlines to provide you assistance, as the staff will always oblige to your request.
In conclusion, Austrian Airlines offers a range of services and facilities for passengers departing from Newark Liberty International Airport, including lounges, priority services, in-flight dining and entertainment, baggage services, and special assistance. The airline’s commitment to providing a comfortable and convenient travel experience for its passengers is evident in the quality of its services and amenities. Whether you are travelling for business or leisure, Austrian Airlines at Newark airport can provide you with a smooth and enjoyable journey to your destination.
Newark Airport Review and Tour of Terminal B
Austrian Airlines EWR Airport Location Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Austrian Airlines operates its carriers from Terminal B at Newark International Airport.
No, smoking is not allowed inside the terminal building at Newark International Airport.
Yes, there are several car rental services available at each of the arrivals areas of the respective passenger terminals.
The parking rates vary depending upon various factors because long-term parking will cost you more than short-term parking, and economy will cost you less than valet parking.
The passengers should arrive at least 1.5 hours early for their domestic Austrian flight.